15 + Employability Services at the Citadel
The Citadel aims to increase young school leavers skills for the future by offering a wide range of employability services.
- The Futureheads Careers Café and Activity Agreement Employability Hub
- Individual support sessions
- Group work programmes
In addition, we provide our four partner secondary schools with an offer of school based group work programmes on a wide range of topics. These might include:
- Employability Skills
- Social Enterprise groups
- Team Building & Communication skills
- Or a tailor made programme responding directly to the needs of a specific group of young people.
The Citadel works closely with a wide range of partner agencies to offer additional support, advice and workshops on anything from career development to finding suitable housing or accessing health services and support.
Activity Agreements at the Citadel
Activity agreements are available to young people aged 16 – 19 years old living in Edinburgh who are currently unemployed and face barriers to accessing positive destinations. Coaches will do an assessment with the young person to ensure that they meet the relevant criteria. Generally a young person is deemed suitable if they:
- Are aged 16 – 19 years
- Have left school and are currently not in employment, education or training
- Are stage 1 of the strategic skills pipeline and/or
- Face barriers to entering a positive destination
If a young person is aged 15 – 21 they can still access our employability services, even if they are not suitable for an Activity Agreement.
Please get in touch if you think that you or someone you know would benefit from some extra support to think about your next steps.